Intel Edison development platform is low-cost, product-ready & for general purpose. It will help lower the barriers to entry for entrepreneurs of all sizes—from pro-makers to consumer electronics and companies working in the Internet of Things (IoT).
Intel Edison packs a robust set of features into its small size, delivering great performance, durability, and a broad spectrum of I/O and software support. Those versatile features help meet the needs of a wide range of customers.
- Intel® Atom™ system-on-a-chip (SoC) based on leading-edge 22 nm Silvermont microarchitecture including a dual-core CPU and single core microcontroller (MCU)
- Integrated Wi-Fi, Bluetooth* LE, memory, and storage
- Support for more than 30 industry-standard I/O interfaces via a 70-pin connector
- Support for Yocto Linux*, Arduino*, Python*, Node.js*, and Wolfram*
- Open source community software tools enabling ease of adoption and inspiring third-party app developers to build apps for consumers.
The unique combination of small size, power, rich capabilities, and ecosystem support inspires creativity and enables rapid innovation from prototype to production for entrepreneurs of all sizes.